"Time is a very precious commodity to all industry practitioners in operations and making time in a busy schedule to attend seminars and market events is extremely difficult. This journal brings thought-provoking articles and peer opinions to your desk and enables the time-constrained practitioner to gain an insight into market issues covering a wide range of topics. There are only a few journals with an operational focus; being peer reviewed ensures it has relevance and worth reading."
Call for articles
Call for Articles
Submission deadline: March 6th, 2017
The Editorial Board and Publishers of Applied Marketing Analytics are welcoming the submission of articles on the following subjects for the next issue of the journal.
• How can organizations become more effective in converting analytics into management actions? How can an organization's consumer data be put to best use by decision-makers in the organization?
• How can an organization's culture be best used to combine the talents of marketers and analysts?
• Too much counting and reporting, not enough analysis and findings: how can analytics be used to optimize marketing and not just measure it?
• How can we better measure the outcomes of video marketing, rather than just the number of people that have watched it? How can this be achieved in online video (eg Facebook, YouTube, etc.)?
• How can marketing be outsourced effectively? How are companies outsourcing marketing now?
• Will chat platforms create the next big wave of digital transformation and what business opportunities could this provide?
• How can analytics adapt to the rise of open data/big data, Hadoop and digital data where there is no standard architecture and model?
• How should analytics respond to the lack of people with skills required for the new world (a combination of IT, statistics, communications and consulting skills)?
• What will the analytics department look like in 2021?
• How can analytics integrate and use data from new sources (eg the Internet of Things) to improve the effectiveness of marketing?
• What are the right set of technologies to effectively analyze marketing effectiveness?
About Applied Marketing Analytics
Applied Marketing Analytics is the major peer-reviewed, professional journal for all those involved in measuring, managing and analysing marketing activity to maximise effectiveness and return on investment. It is guided by an international, respected Editorial Board and publishes each quarter in-depth articles, case studies, research papers and reviews by leading experts in the field. Further information on the journal is available at: http://www.henrystewartpublications.com/ama
The following types of articles are considered for publication:
- Practice articles: Thought pieces, best practice articles, case studies, new approaches, technologies and techniques, market and consumer research, legal and regulatory updates, and other contributions written by practitioners. All case studies must address the following questions: What has worked? Why has it worked? What lessons were learned? How could it be done elsewhere? Articles should be 2,000 to 5,000 words in length.
- Research papers: Contributions which explore new models, theories and applied research in marketing analytics and strategy. Research papers must have clear implications for professionals and business practice. Research papers should be around 6,000 words in length.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed to ensure that they are of direct, practical relevance to those working in the field.
The deadline for the submission of articles to the next issue is March 6th, 2017.
All article submissions should be sent to the Publisher, Julie Kerry. Further, more specific guidance for authors on format and style can be found here. Questions about this issue may be directed to Julie Kerry.